Reprogramming Your Remote Control
Each fireplace remote transmitter can use one of 65,536 unique security codes. Sometimes it is necessary to reprogram your remote receiver to learn a new security code.
It may be necessary to program the remote receiver to learn the security code of the transmitter upon initial use, if batteries are replaced, or if a replacement transmitter is purchased from your dealer or the factory.
Follow These Steps to Reprogram Your Fireplace Remote Control
- Place the receiver slide switch to the “REMOTE” position.
- Get a small item like a toothpick and push it into the “Learn” pinhole. Hold it down for 10 seconds.
- After a 10 second hold, release the toothpick. You should hear 3 beeps. Hearing the 3 beeps lets you know that any previous memory has been cleared.
- Press the toothpick into the “Learn” pinhole again and quickly release. You should hear 1 beep.
- Press the “ON” button on the handheld transmitter.
- You should hear a fast series of repetitive beeps from the receiver. You have successfully reprogrammed the remote and your fireplace should be turning on.
- If the fireplace does not turn on, try the series of steps again. If after multiple tries, your fireplace still does not turn on, call Perfection for service.