Cellulose Insulation in Houston
Spray cellulose insulation is an exceptional “green” choice. It is an energy saving insulation product made from recycled newsprint and other recycled paper. This blown cellulose insulation is applied in open cavities such as walls of new construction or remodeling projects. When applied it fills voids to create a complete thermal blanket. The interlocking fibers create a finished product that produces excellent thermal and superior sound properties. This type of blown cellulose will reduce sound power by 60%, allowing you to peacefully enjoy your home for many years to come.
Cellulose insulation, with its acoustical, thermal and air infiltration properties, can be installed in both attics and walls of residential and commercial buildings. Perfection Supply sells and installs cellulose insulation in the Houston area from Greenfiber, the producer of the first all-in-one insulation product for your home. This product can be applied as a loose fill cellulose insulation or spray cellulose insulation.
More to Know About Cellulose Insulation
You may have heard about the growing popularity of cellulose insulation and its many energy saving benefits such as reducing your carbon footprint, lowering your heating and cooling costs, and providing quality sound control. Here are a few more things to know about this effective insulation choice:
- It has a Class 1 flame spread rating and contains active fire-resistance materials to provide durable and excellent fire resistance.
- It is resistant to mold growth and works to dissipate moisture for moisture management.
- It does not contain asbestos or formaldehyde.
- It is ideal for insulating older homes and adding R-value and filling gaps over existing insulation.
- It is safe to touch and won’t irritate unprotected skin.
- It won’t settle in sidewalls but will settle in attics until it reaches a stable density, similar to other blown insulation. All thermal performance testing is done at the settled thickness.